Sharon Black, Esq.
Law Offices of Sharon K. Black, P.C.
Broomfield, CO 80020
Specialists in Telecommunications and Internet Law | U.S. and International
Sharon K. Black is an international telecommunications engineer, attorney and consultant with over 35 years of industry experience.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in international economics, a Master of Science (MS) degree in Telecommunications from the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Colorado, and a Juris Doctorate (JD) degree in law from the University of Denver.
With experience in these three different disciplines, Ms. Black brings a unique combination of skills to domestic & international projects. She has consulted on telecommunications issues worldwide, working in both the public and private sectors of the telecommunications field and with all types of technology including voice, data, satellite, cellular, microwave, broadband, cable television, undersea cable, and optic fiber technologies.
She is highly experienced in telecommunications business development; drafting telecommunications legislation, policies and procedures; negotiating and arbitrating telecommunications interconnection agreements; licensing systems, and managing complex technical projects in challenging environments. Ms. Black has developed compliance rules and implementing regulations for various state and international governments, addressing the opening telecommunications markets to competition, interconnection, universal service, resale, pricing, emergency response, and confidentiality of information.
International Telecommunications Law experience:
- US Agency for International Development-US AID projects
- World Trade Organization compliance
- World Bank and Regional Development Bank initiatives
- Legislation and regulations (drafting and updates)
- Policymakers, regulators and judiciary training workshops
- Telecom. Regulatory Commission – Jordan (Middle East)
- Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS)
- Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Association ECTEL
- Caribbean Community (CARICOM)
- Indian and Asian Initiatives
- Third World Development Initiatives
- European Community, Asian, and U.S. law updates
Technology and Law Experience:
U.S. and International
- Telecommunications Law and implementing regulations
- Interconnection Agreements (negotiation and arbitration)
- Universal Service
E-Commerce Law and Technology
Competition Law (Antitrust)
Implementation of Trade Initiatives
Security Law (Corporate, National Security)